After today, the political ads will go away. Thank god. But whatever happens, let’s end with some reality:
- Mitt Romney has no economic plan. No one can substantiate his math, it simply does not make sense.
- Mitt Romney has been both pro-choice and anti-abortion. He has been for immigration reform, and anti-immigration reform. He wanted to abolish FEMA, and now he doesn’t. He was for tying the minimum wage to inflation, then he was against it. He was for stem-cell research, then against it. He signed an assault-weapon ban which he is now against. He created a health-care mandate, said it should be nationwide, and now opposes Obamacare, which was modeled on his mandate.
Never mind the fact that he belongs to a cult (no, sorry, he’s not a Christian, no matter how much you wish him to be) and hides his finances off-shore, the man simply has no core. Whatever he think will win him votes, he will tell you that. He is the most dishonest Presidential candidate in modern history.
But it’s not all about the negative. The facts on Obama are simple.
- When Obama took office, the US economy was losing 800,000 jobs a month. In his first term, 759,000 private sector jobs were created. The previous administration lost 1,1680,000 jobs in their first term. For 32 consecutive months the private sector has added jobs. If the public sector had been adding jobs under Obama the same way they did during the previous administration, unemployment would be significantly lower.
- Obamacare, conceived by a right-wing think tank and implemented by a Republican governor, is reducing the cost of healthcare (I’ve already received a rebate from my insurance company), will make services available to 32 million uninsured Americans, children with pre-existing cannot be denied coverage, etc. etc. (Google it).
- The stimulus worked.
- The war in Iraq is over.
- Osama bin Laden is dead.
- GM and Chrysler exist.
- Don’t Ask Don’t Tell is gone.
- Supported regime change, dictators Gaddafi and Mubarak are gone.
- Expanded Pell Grant spending.
- Created Race to the Top educational reform.
I could go on, but I won’t. There is no counter, no response, that Romney/Ryan can provide. Their administration would be a catastrophe of epic proportions for the middle class of this country, eliminating the most crucial tax deductions, stripping rights from women, workers, minorities and every other non-white and male group that resides in the 47%.
The choice is clear.